Subject: Ladies and gentlemen, we have SOUND!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have SOUND!

From: Austin Appel <scorche15_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 20:25:30 -0700

Joining its less encumbered brother, is the Sansa e200R!

Yesterday, there was quite a bit of discussion about an idea about how to
get the R versions working with Rockbox. As no one had an R to test the
idea on, I went out to buy an e250R earlier today. A few hours later, the
test was successful! Of course, credit goes to everyone else, as I was just
the tester. ;)

The only difference between the 2 variations of the Sansa e200s is a small
difference in the bootloader and the install process, but other than that,
they are identical. Be warned that the install process is a bit risky and
is Linux only at the moment due to the use of e200tool (and its state with
Windows). I would recommend waiting a bit for a safer and less involved
method of installing unless you want to risk harm to your device.

For those who were wondering, the first song was "Feedback" by Covenant.

Keep on Rocking!!!

-Austin