Subject: Potential problem installing Rockbox with windows XP

Potential problem installing Rockbox with windows XP

From: Ann <tate886_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 06:07:12 -0400

Hi folks,

I have discovered what will probably be a potential problem with any future
installations of Rockbox on any sansa MP3 players. I cannot install it using
Windows XP Home Edition, and the instructions on the Rockbox site. I can
neither extract, paste, create, etc., any new folders on the route of a
Sansa player. I can pretty much extract or paste virtually anything in to
the two folders that already exist on a sansa, Data and Media but I cannot
add anything to the route of the player.

Does any one have any suggestions about how I may fix this problem, which I
think might be an XP Home Edition problem more then anything to do with the
specific MP3 players?

~Ann