Subject: iriver h10 keeps crashing on rockbox

iriver h10 keeps crashing on rockbox

From: Rusty Perez <rustys.lists_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 23:50:15 -0700

Hi folks,
I will start out by saying that this is the first place I turned to
deal with my problem.
I just purchased a referbished iriver h10. The machine seems to work
fine on the iriver firmware, plays music etc, certainly better than
on rockbox.
When running the current build, of rockbox, with speech enabled and
the current english voice, the unit crashes shortly after bootup. It
speaks, allows me to navigate through a menu, maybe moving to a couple
of submenues. Speech stops, the machine seems to hang and I get no
voice feedback. a sighted person says that the screen is frozen and to
get anything to happen, I am required to do a reset with the pin.
Does anyone have any thoughts, or any suggestion?
Thanks so much.
Rusty