Subject: Re: iriver h10 keeps crashing on rockbox

Re: iriver h10 keeps crashing on rockbox

From: Arno Wald <arno.wald_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 08:47:51 +0200

Rusty Perez wrote:
> When running the current build, of rockbox, with speech enabled and
> the current english voice, the unit crashes shortly after bootup. It

Did you update an existing rockbox installation or was it a
fresh/initial install?

If it was an update and you did not remove the existing .rockbox
directory before updating it might be that old files could conflict with
new files somehow. (I had such phenomena with a Sansa recently.) So
before updating first remove or rename an existing .rockbox directory
and then go through the whole installation procedure again (certainly
without installing the bootmanager because it already is installed).

Arno.