Subject: sansa player and USB problem

sansa player and USB problem

From: RaZorbacK <lists_at_sof-paradise.info>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 01:07:19 +0200

Hello all,

I've noticed something strange with my sansa e280 player. I have filled
it up with a whole bunch of mp3 files. my music folder contains about
1500 files and other audiobooks. but, when I plug my USB cable to the
sansa and the pc, the original stock firmware normally boots up but the
player seems to freeze and the screen displays "refresh database" and I
can't do anything with the keys if this process is not over. I let the
player during a few minutes until the screen becomes black. and then,
the USB gets back.

Since this kind of player is made to be filled with mp3s, this can be
really anoying. I suppose this database i'm talking about is the one of
the original firmware not the rockbox database. Have you noticed this
behavior and is there a way to deactivate this database? Now, i have
deleted my folder full with music and USB works normally.

please help!

regards, sof

ps: i'm blind so i can't access the original firmware by myself?