Subject: Re: sansa player and USB problem

Re: sansa player and USB problem

From: Robin G Plitt <Plittr_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 20:12:12 -0400

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: RaZorbacK
  To: Rockbox
  Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 7:07 PM
  Subject: sansa player and USB problem

  Hello all,

  I've noticed something strange with my sansa e280 player. I have filled it up with a whole bunch of mp3 files. my music folder contains about 1500 files and other audiobooks. but, when I plug my USB cable to the sansa and the pc, the original stock firmware normally boots up but the player seems to freeze and the screen displays "refresh database" and I can't do anything with the keys if this process is not over. I let the player during a few minutes until the screen becomes black. and then, the USB gets back.

  Since this kind of player is made to be filled with mp3s, this can be really anoying. I suppose this database i'm talking about is the one of the original firmware not the rockbox database. Have you noticed this behavior and is there a way to deactivate this database? Now, i have deleted my folder full with music and USB works normally.

  please help!

  regards, sof

  ps: i'm blind so i can't access the original firmware by myself?
  This process is normal. Every time the original software boots, it cehcks the database. I haven't filled up more than about two gigs on my e260, but the "freeze" lasts about 30 to 45 seconds.

  Robin