Subject: Re: donations

Re: donations

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:41:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Jan Falkenhagen wrote:

> Hello everybody i am wondering that donations to the rockbox community are
> US$ only. i think it is rather expensive when you have to convert EUR -> US$
> -> swedish crowns or anything else ;). Am i wrong?

That's basically because we use paypal for this. I believe you can pay to them
in a few major currencies, but those are all converted to USD for the paypal

Yes, getting the USD from paypal to Sweden and SEK is somewhat expensive, but
we hand out money in all directions (buying hardware to developers) and then
it makes little sense in having them in SEK.

Besides, we have no viable alternative to Paypal at this point!

  Daniel Stenberg -- --