Subject: Re: donations

Re: donations

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:37:10 +0200

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> That's basically because we use paypal for this. I believe you can pay to
> them in a few major currencies, but those are all converted to USD for the
> paypal account.

Actually the Paypal account contains several different currencies already, but the "Donate" button on our pages cannot be set to allow the donor to choose currency (or at least I haven't found how).

As for the transfers, it's not really that expensive. When you transfer larger chunks at a time (>500 SEK) Paypal doesn't charge anything. And neither does the the swedish bank I use. I guess we might get a poor conversion rate, but the times I've looked it didn't seem out of the ordinary.

--
Björn