Subject: Re: How to Identify a Sansa e280R

Re: How to Identify a Sansa e280R

From: Craig Milo Rogers <>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:43:39 -0700

On 07.09.19, Craig Milo Rogers wrote:
> I just purchased a Sansa e280 from Fry's Electronics in
> southern California. The unit has the word "Rhapsody" on the back,
> under the word "Sansa", but I see no other mention of Rhapsody on the
> outside of the box or in the inserts. Is this unit an e280, or is it
> an e280R?

        I did a little more research, and found the following CNet review:

        According to this review, the presence of "Rhapsody"" on the
back means that I haven an e200R. On the other hand, the review also
claims that the e200R will have an main menu icon called "Rhapsody
Channels", and will not have a custom EQ. My unit doesn't display a
"Rhapsody Channels" icon on the main menu, and it does have a custom

        So, I'm confused. Has SanDisk perhaps abandoned their commitment
th Rhapsody? If so, might they have shipped Rhapsody-branded players
with the regular e200 firmware?

                                        Craig Milo Rogers