Subject: Feedback on manual

Feedback on manual

From: Mark Davies <mark.davies-rockbox_at_marxmail.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:42:47 +0100

I've just updated RockBox on my iPod Nano, and having had a few problems
doing so, I thought I'd offer some feedback on the text in the manual.

Admittedly I was updating for the first time in about a year, but I had
updated before so wasn't expectin a problem.
I downloaded the latest daily build together with the voice file for that
build.
I unzipped the Rockbox...zip file to the IPod, copied over the voice file
and rebooted.
The iPod booted OK, and spoke for about four or five menu selections and
then froze.
I tried plenty of ways to fix this problem, but only by a process of
elimination, I redownloaded the boot loader and reran it, which fixed the
problem.

When I'd updated previously I hadn't had to update the boot loader, and so I
(wrongly) assumed that I wouldn't have to again.

Since it obviously only changes very infrequently, can I make the suggestion
that the date of the latest update to the boot loader is included in the
"Installation" page in the manual.

As always, a big thanks to the developers!

Mark