Subject: Re: Sansa E280 not recognized by USB

Re: Sansa E280 not recognized by USB

From: RaZorbacK <lists_at_sof-paradise.info>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 00:05:27 +0200

Angie Matney wrote on 21/09/2007 21:59 :

> I did some searching in the archives, and it seemed that others have experienced this from time to time, but I couldn't find a solution. My Sansa is only occasionally recognized by my computer. I am running the Sept. 18 build of Rockbox. Is this a
> problem with this version? I would appreciate any suggestions anyone has.

Have you lot of music on your sansa? if it's the case, the unit is
probably updating the database on the original firmware. but, if you're
visually impaired, we cannot be aware of this update process. Someone on
the list, told me to wait a bit after having switched the player on the
original firmware then plug the USB cable. I doesn't always work. I've
temporarily removed a huge folder full of MP3s and it's better now but
my player is made for music and I'm not going to give up my investigations!

Good luck.