Subject: Re: Certain FLAC files don't play on iPod Video 80GB

Re: Certain FLAC files don't play on iPod Video 80GB

From: Tapio Kelloniemi <spammi.helevetti_at_nbl.fi>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 22:58:29 +0300

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 03:00:23PM -0400, Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote:
> I encoded it on a Windows box, using the latest CDex, which lists "Flac
> encoder DLL" as the encoder.

Sad that it doesn't list the libFLAC version. Perhaps you could try the --fast
option (level 1) and see if it works. I'm not aware of any recent backwards
incompatible changes in the FLAC format, but it might be possible that
Rockbox's FLAC decoder hasn't been updated for some time and a new feature
used by the current FLAC encoder is not supported. Rockbox developers
might be able to answer my question. This applies to other codecs as well,
such as vorbis, does anybody sync them with upstream?

--
Tapio