Subject: Re: Certain FLAC files don't play on iPod Video 80GB

Re: Certain FLAC files don't play on iPod Video 80GB

From: Magnus Holmgren <>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 20:00:39 +0200

Tapio Kelloniemi wrote:

> Sad that it doesn't list the libFLAC version. Perhaps you could try the --fast
> option (level 1) and see if it works. I'm not aware of any recent backwards
> incompatible changes in the FLAC format, but it might be possible that
> Rockbox's FLAC decoder hasn't been updated for some time and a new feature
> used by the current FLAC encoder is not supported. Rockbox developers
> might be able to answer my question. This applies to other codecs as well,
> such as vorbis, does anybody sync them with upstream?

Rockbox doesn't use the standard FLAC decoder, so that's a possible
source of incompatibility. It should be possible to see the version by
using metaflac, Foobar2000 or even a hex editor...

As for other codecs, Vorbis was recently synced, when there were some
minor changes upstream. And I've heard rumors that MPC might be updated