Subject: Re: RBUtil and Acessibility

Re: RBUtil and Acessibility

From: Dominik Wenger <domonoky_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:37:00 +0200

simon.eigeldinger_at_vol.at schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I have forgotten something.
>
> Not only QT doesn't work with JAWS. There are also problems with GTK, QT
> and many other GUI programming things.
>
> WxWidget is the only thing I know which works because it seems to use
> the Win32 API or is able to connect to it.
>
> Greetings,
> Simon

wxWidgets uses the nativ widgets on all targets i think, which is why
the voicing works out of the box.

But this should also be doable with Qt. We already included the
qtaccessibility plugin into rbutil, and hoped that it would help with
voicing.
Bluebrother has done some voice testing with rbutil, and was
successfull, but i think he used another voicing programm..

As we didnt got much (or any) feedback from blind users until now, we
dont know what is accessible and what not with JAWS

I am sure we can improve it, when we know what doesnt work, and how to
test it..

So if someone can give us a list with voicing problems, and wants to
beta test changes.. we are happy to work more on it..

greetings, Domonoky