Subject: Re: Sansa e280

Re: Sansa e280

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 21:38:52 -0600

Hi you wrote:
Hi folks,
I'm trying to help out a friend, because, well, I may have been party
to a bricking.
Here's what's going on. Currently sansa e280 has the blue light and is
unresponsive. It has rb on it, the boot loader and everything.
What lead up to this.
After loading rockbox successfully we wanted to load music. Rb was
still running, I told her to connect it to the computer. First error?
Sansa displayed a usb symbol.
Windows didn't acknowledge the device. She clicked "my computer." Second
error?
After this the screen on the sansa sortof went all yucky. It said
something about the original firmware or boodloader or something and
it faded to black.
so, the blue light works great, but nothing else.
Did we brick it?
There's no reset pinhole!
Help! :-)
Rusty

**Well I'm just about to start the same process on my machine. maybe I'd
better wait untill a stable boo loader is created.

You can reset the unit by holding down the power button for 15 seconds.

Just got it from the manual LOL!

Good luck and I'll be watching for your results. Well maybe grin...rocker