Subject: Re: ipod video sleeping

Re: ipod video sleeping

From: Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:48:22 +0100

> I am still experiencing the ipod needing to be reset an abnormal number of
> times. If it is playing for even a
> short time, something in either rockbox or its firmware causes it to
> freeze. It continues playing, but none of
> the buttons do anything. It needs resetting after this, and usually loses
> its spot. The idle power off is set to 1
> minute, but that in't affecting anything, unless it is not playing. The
> sleep timer is se as high as it will go, yet the
> ipod video still freezes. Is there anything that can be done? I have heard
> of this happening once a month
> maybe to people, but not multiple times a day. Yesterday's daily build is
> installed.

Could it be related to the kind of music files you are playing? What format
are they in? Do they have a particular high or low bitrate? Were they
encoded using unusual/uncommon encoder settings?
What model ipod do you have? (for your reference, I have an ipod video
60GB, and I do not experience any freezing whatsoever on playing q4 vorbis
files encoded using recent oggenc encoders)