Subject: Re: MPEG compressed wav files

Re: MPEG compressed wav files

From: kim <>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 14:00:15 -0700 (PDT)

m4a files are also very good, and worth considering. The sterio imaging is excellent, and small details in music can be heard clearly.

Arno Wald <> wrote:
  Robert Riddle wrote:
> Will rockbox handle these? They are usually smaller than mp3 files and
> thus one can fit more music or other audio onto my sansac240. If not,
> can it be made to do so?

Did you try ogg/vorbis? It should have slightly better quality on low
bitrates than mp3. But I do not know how it compares to other codecs
that are supported by rockbox. Mayber there are even better ones.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!