Subject: Re: Description of the Gigabeet F40

Re: Description of the Gigabeet F40

From: Josh Drizin <krazykit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:36:46 -0400

On 10/21/07, Aman Singer <aman_at_asinger.net> wrote:
> Hi, all.
> This is rather a large favour to ask for, but I hope someone would
> be good enough to manage it. Could anyone with the Toshiba Gigabeet F40
> describe its button locations? I have one here and am not at all sure what
> the buttons do, and can't find a description on the Rockbox site.

There's a description in the manual of where the buttons are.
http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-gigabeatf/rockbox-buildch3.html#x5-210003

> particularly can't find the battery switch referred to on the installation
> page. Indeed, I can't seem to find any switches on the bottom of the player.

It's not something you're going to locate by touch easily. On the
bottom of the player, The battery switch is located on the opposite
side of the dock connector as the USB connector. It is somewhat
recessed in the player.

Hope this helps,
Josh