Subject: RE: latest ipod video 80 gig build question

RE: latest ipod video 80 gig build question

From: leslie carver <nsolo11_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:46:04 -0400

-----Original Message-----
> It appears to be in the bug tracker at least twice -- #5987 #6606.

5987 is a problem specific to third generation iPods, and is NOT the same
issue. It only affected third generation iPods, and only as a bug that
occurred when playback was paused. The original message in this thread
described it happening on the 80gb iPod, and while music was playing, not
during an attempt to pause.

6606 does appear to be a similar problem though. The last patch simply
replaces the "pause" function with "stop" so will only help people who are
explicitly only having the freeze when playback is paused.
The problem for me happens when I go to press any key (pause, FF, RW) -- and
I see that the track/time is way behind what's actually playing now and the
screen is frozen. But then I can't actually press pause or FF now because
it's locked up. That sounds exactly like 5987. And in 6606 if you just use
a stop funcion instead of pause it shouldn't matter because no key is
functional at this point.

So are you suggesting that it's not actually a problem at all, or that the
6606 patch fixes this?

Leslie