Subject: Re: Should the Sansa series be avoided?

Re: Should the Sansa series be avoided?

From: Charles philip Chan <cpchan_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:17:19 -0400

"Aman Singer" <aman_at_asinger.net> writes:

> Is anyone out there having trouble with the Sansa's use? Specifically,
> are there any issues in playing OGG and MP3 files with Rockbox.

I am very happy with my Rockboxed e280. I have no problems with Vorbis
and MP3 playback.

> but all I can see that might be a reason to avoid the player is that
> the power handling isn't optimal

As with all Portal Player devices. However, the battery life is not too
bad at this point. One can get between 12 to 16 hours depending on the
mixture of codecs and bitrates used, options turnd on, and usage
pattern.

> and that voice recording is only available through the microphone.

This depends on whether you really need a line-in.

Charles