Subject: Re: Instalation Confusion

Re: Instalation Confusion

From: Florian Bruhin <florian.bruhin_at_gmx.ch>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:22:32 +0200

>I'm not sure if I am installing Rockbox correctly on my Ipod video 80GB.
I am blind, and am using my screen-reader to install> > I've tried using
the Rockbox utility but notice that the buttons are not labeled very
well.  I've managed to locate the small install and complete > install
buttons but when I click on either, I receive a message stating something I
can't read.  I'm given an Ignore, OK and Cancel buttons.  If I > click
Ignore or OK, I see an "Abort" button.  I'm not sure where to go from
here.> Clicking Menu + Select doesn't provide speech output, although I've
uploaded the English.voice file into the lang directory. >> I'm obviously
missing something here.  If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. >>
C. Hello,maybe it would be easyier for you if you use the manual
installation method. Simply download and run file 1, press "i" and then
press enter. Then unpack file 2 directly to your player. Then copy file 3
to the folder .rockbox/langs/ on your player. When you disconnect the
player, Rockbox should start automatically. If it does not, reset the
player. This means you should press select and play for some seconds (the
button in the middle and the button on the bottom of the clickwheel). You
should hear the harddrive spinning up when the player resets.  File 1:
http://download.rockbox.org/bootloader/ipod/ipodpatcher/win32/ipodpatcher.exeFile
2: http://build.rockbox.org/dist/build-ipodvideo64mb/rockbox.zipFile 3:
http://www.rockbox.org/voices/ipodvideo-20071023-english.voic Florian