Subject: Re: Instalation Confusion

Re: Instalation Confusion

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:13:58 +0200

On 10/23/07, Carlos M. <doggrowl_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried using the Rockbox utility but notice that the buttons are not
> labeled very well. I've managed to locate the small install and complete
> install buttons but when I click on either, I receive a message stating

The "complete install" has a bug which prevents the bootloader getting
installed. Also, it seems that there is something broken with the
detection of the old bootloader, leading to a somewhat ambiguous
message. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to appear all the time so it
isn't easy to reproduce (and therefore to fix it). Some issues are
already fixed in svn but no updated binary has been released yet.

As it can be a bit hard to navigate the interface with screen readers
the latest version of Rockbox Utility has a new menu "actions" added.
You can access all installation tasks from that menu, including voice
file installation. This should make it easier than searching for the
right buttons.

But as has been said it's possibly easier to use the manual install
(as described in the manual) due to the current bug with the
bootloader installation. Installing the build itself should work just
fine using Rockbox Utility.

 - Dominik