Subject: Re: Should the Sansa series be avoided?

Re: Should the Sansa series be avoided?

From: Angie Matney <angie_at_mpmail.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:51:57 -0400

I have had some problems with the Sansa freezing. This happens after I do the following:

1. I turn on the player and select a playlist.

2. I decide I want to listen to something else.

3. I start the new playlist.

This is the point at which the machine sometimes freezes. I have to hold the power down for several seconds to force it to shut down.

I believe this is happening because the player is trying to speak while the music is playing. I have noticed very sluggish responses when I've tried to make it speak a file name while music is playing. And when you start a new playlist, the player tries to
say, "Loading." I have wondered if the speech problems would continue without the "Loding" message.

Having said that, I enjoy the unit. I have a 6gb MicroSDHC, and having 14GB on the player is great. I also bought the Altec Lansing portable speaker that was designed specifically for this player.

To me, the Sansa doesn't sound as good as the iAudio X5, but I'm happy with my purchase.

Angie