Subject: Enabling mass storage class support on the Sansa's original firmware?

Enabling mass storage class support on the Sansa's original firmware?

From: Aman Singer <aman_at_asinger.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 06:33:34 -0400

Hi, all.
        Thanks to the extraordinary help I received from people both on and
off this list, I now have a Sandisk Sansa with a good description of its
buttons. All I need do now is get Rockbox installed on it and life will be
good. The problem, though, is that it's showing up as a media player, not as
a USB mass storage device. Would anyone know, from the Sansa's original
firmware, how to enable mass storage support using button presses? That is,
I have, at the moment, no access to the screen. Is there a series of buttons
one can press to enable mass storage support on the player? If someone with
the original firmware would have a look at how this is done, I'd be deeply
grateful. I don't think this is in the manual or on the blind users page.
        Thanks in advance.
        Aman