Subject: How to disable disk mode?

How to disable disk mode?

From: asettico <>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:42:35 +0100

Hi, all.

This post is referred to the iPod Video 5.5g.

Following the ML and reading the description of some patches, I
discovered the possibility to not enable the disk mode when the USB
cable is plugged.
But, while the USB cable is showed in the display after plugging the
cable, I cannot avoid to get into disk mode even if I press "select"
or whatever button on the clickwheel.

Furthermore, I set to "not charge the battery when USB is plugged" in
the system settings, but the player continue to charge.

Where am I getting wrong?

My goal is:
* charge the battery, continuing to use the player normally;
* go into disk mode without charge the battery (when I need to plug
and unplug more times the cable to upload the player without "ruin"
the battery itself).

Thanks for any suggestion.

  ,= ,-_-. =.  asettico ~ [   ]
((_/)o o(\_)) OpenPGP ~~ [ 1024D/1CB926BA 2003-11-29 ]