Subject: Re: Sansa e200/e200R keymap change.

Re: Sansa e200/e200R keymap change.

From: Arno Wald <arno.wald_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:56:12 +0100

Paul Louden wrote:
> To give warning, I'll be committing this patch (in its original form)
> this coming weekend: http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/7232

Well, I think it will get a little bit hard to get used to the new
mappings. At the moment I cannot say which way is better.

But one question: Why should one _stop_ playback? What is the difference
to pause? Wouldn't it be better to define the power-button as
toggle-pause-play button? I never used the stop function yet - I did not
even know about it ;)

One inconsistency of the new power-button-mapping might be that
currently this button is the cancel-button out of many plugins. So
wouldn't it be better to define one "back" button that brings you one
level up into main menu direction? This might be the power or rec button.

Did someone already create a navigation flow chart that shows which
button brings you from state to state? This might be interesting to find
inconsistencies.

Arno