Subject: Re: The "Loading" splash

Re: The "Loading" splash

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 09:10:12 -0000

Hi Stéphane,

I was actually thinking of a generic keyclick - i.e a sound made whenever a
key is pressed (as quickly as possible, so you have feedback that your
button press was successful). A while back I made an attempt at this:
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/7307 It needs syncing though.

Then remove the Loading splash completely.

I don't particularly like the approach of #8067 as this adds an exception
case, and deviates the voice UI from the displayed UI. (I feel strongly
that the voice UI and displayed UI should always match wherever at all
possible.)

p.s. It's quite a nice noise you found there, but I'd expect the keyclick
will have to use lower-level beep code (i.e. pcmbuf or piezo) though, for
responsiveness.

--
Steve Bavin