Subject: Re: feedback on automatic battery level notifications

Re: feedback on automatic battery level notifications

From: Stéphane Doyon <s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 20:27:59 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Woody Anna Dresner wrote:

> At 10:37 AM 11/7/2007, you wrote:
>> On 8/11/2007 6:51 AM, marten Post Uiterweer wrote:
>>> I think that it will be usefull to hear the batterylevel when it is 5
>>> percent or less. So you know, that it will play for a few minutes orso.
>>
>> Well sdoyon and I thought that there isn't much point in this? The player
>> is about to die.

Actually that had been my first inclination. I had increased the minimum
level because I thought it was lower than the safe limit (under which no
writes are done and state is not saved), but I've checked more thoroughly
and I was mistaken. The unsafe level is player-specific but it appears to
generally be quite a bit lower than 5%.

So I've now added the 5% warning.

> Since the iPod Nano charges more efficiently when the Apple firmware is
> loaded, I would love to have a 5% warning. That would give me time to stop
> playing music and switch to the Apple firmware while there was still enough
> power to make the switch.

Glad it'll be useful.

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, marten Post Uiterweer wrote:

> Maybe an option for automatic battery announcement, that is on by
> default and can be turned off in the voices menu.

There is an option (only it's off by default).

--
Stéphane Doyon
<s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>