Subject: Help with iRiver H10 installation please

Help with iRiver H10 installation please

From: Sharon <sharon25_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:25:53 -0700

I bought an iRiver H10 20GB player. I downloaded the zip files for
this unit from the Rockbox site and unpacked them onto the H10 after
using the "UMS mode and the UMS trick" to force it into the UMS mode.

I renamed the H10_20GC.mi4 file to OF.mi4 and copied the file
H10_20GC.mi4 I downloaded from
http://download.rockbox.org/bootloader/iriver/H10_20GC.mi4 into the
system folder. I disconnected properly and turned on the unit.

I get an error screen (which disappears quickly; seems the display is
set to go off VERY quickly) that says it can't load rockbox.mi4 and
rockbox.h10 - "file not found".

I really want to use Rockbox on this device. It does seem to resume
right where it leaves off, but I don't like having to use WMP 10 to
get my audio files onto it. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong
or how to get this to work?

Thanks very much for any help! Sharon