Subject: Re: Sansa e200/e200R keymap change.

Re: Sansa e200/e200R keymap change.

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 22:53:47 -0600

> I am man enough to say sorry about mixing up this with your commit.
> Sorry I should have looked better.
I'm sorry for going off on you, but it's very frustrating to me to put
something in the tracker for MONTHS, then post to the mailing list and
boards a week before committing. I find it very unlikely people don't
check their email at least once a week, and I'll accept it if you claim
you do not.

I've been frustrated in relation to this patch because everyone who's
commented negatively has commented solely along the lines of "I like the
old way better" without any objective reasons. "It's more comfortable
for me" is subjective, however you may place it, because it's an
opinion. You can't objectively say whether a map is more or less
comfortable without a statistically significant sampling, which is why
I'm harping over the definition of the words 'objective' and
'subjective'.

I was also particularly frustrated with you because of the previous
cases where people have blamed this patch both for changes it didn't
make, or in some cases, changes that were never made, or even changes
exclusive to an unofficial build that I have no control over. So when
you complained about a change not of my making, I overreacted.

But the description in the tracker was more concerned with "what it
does" than "why it does it."

Even using it right-handed, I find the new button easier to use, so I
think a large part of that depends on finger size and shape.

As for the Stop button, it's used for clearing playlists as a primary
use, and for blind users Voice will not play if the music is paused, so
if they wish to enter the menu without music playing back it's necessary
to stop it.