Subject: ATA Error - Sansa E250R - Please Help

ATA Error - Sansa E250R - Please Help

From: Victor Erevi <>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:29:13 -0600

Its not bricked... I can load the O.F., but I highly dislike the O.F.
Please help me rockbox this baby.

I followed the linux instructions here:<>
and then here:<>

The Sansa rebooted, then said updating firmware, then restarted. Now, it
starts up, I get a quick flash of the ROCKBOX logo, then it says:

ATA error: -219
Press ON to debug

I can connect via USB. If I do, it shows the following text (I took a
picture so I could write this all out before the screen changed to the
"Connected" screen:

Rockbox boot loader
Version: 4.0
Sandisk Sansa e200
Partition 0: 0x06 1896 MB
Partition 1: 0x84 20 MB
Trying firmware partition
BL mi4 size: EC00
Can't load from parition
Invalid file format
Trying /System/OF.mi4
mi4 size: 57B000
CRC32: 28EBB55C
Model id:
Binary type:
Calculated CRC32: 28EBB55C
Searching for key:

Any help getting Rockbox on this thing would be greatly appreciated!