Subject: Re: talking battery low indicator question

Re: talking battery low indicator question

From: Stéphane Doyon <s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:52:12 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Daniel Dalton wrote:

> On 13/11/2007 1:45 AM, Rich Cavallaro wrote:
>> I noticed today that when I turned off my iPod video 5.5 gen 80 gig that
>> rockbox said warning low battery. Will rockbox speak this only as you
>> power off or will it also speak it during when a song is playing?

There are actually two distinct features here. The message ""WARNING! Low
Battery!" is spoken on shutdown if the level is at 10% or lower. That is
spoken only on shutdown, but requires no setting other than enabling voice
menus.

The other feature, recently committed, requires that you enable ""Announce
Battery Level" under the voice menu. It will then speak the battery
remaining percentage when it reaches 50%, 30%, 15% and 5%. The
announcement will be made even if music is playing (that's the point
really).

--
Stéphane Doyon
<s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>