Subject: Re: New voice file format for software decoding targets

Re: New voice file format for software decoding targets

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:00:28 -1000

At 10:15 AM 11/16/2007, you wrote:
>Starting very soon, all our software decoding targets will
>switch voice file format from MP3 to our own home-brewed Speex
>(http://www.speex.org/) file format. This switch will result in
>voice files that are of higher quality at smaller sizes. [snip] All
>.talk files will also
>need to be regenerated.

Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for letting us know this change is coming. It sounds
like a great change in the long run, but one all voice users need to
be prepared for. How will we generate .talk clips with the new
voices? I don't know how to make voice files, but I do use Voicebox
to generate .talk clips for all my files and folders. Will there be a
new version of Voicebox, and will it work in a similar way to the old
one? Thanks.

Regards,
Anna