Subject: Re: the new speex format

Re: the new speex format

From: Thom Johansen <thomj_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 23:09:34 +0100

Thom Johansen wrote:
> kim wrote:
>> Speex now works well, and I am able to use it under cygwin. The only
>> point I see that is a little odd, is that the speaking of yes no
>> longer exists. I'm not sure why this is, but thought I'd let people know.
>> The voice files are significantly smaller as well.
>> Thanks,
>
> Nice to hear it's working for you. We've discovered that "yes" is no
> longer working and will try to find out what's wrong.

...and now we have found out what was wrong. Turns out the voicefont tool
had an old bug in it that didn't matter for MP3 clips, but did matter for
Speex clips. This pretty much means you need to get the newest tools again
and rebuild any voice files you've made to have a working "yes". Sorry
about that :/

Thom