Subject: Re: speex

Re: speex

From: Onj <onj_at_AndreLouis.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:43:29 -0000

On Monday, November 19, 2007 5:25 PM,
Thom Johansen happened to mention in passing:

> In the near future I will commit an update to the encoder that
> also allows a "-n" flag. This will use Speex narrowband mode,
> using a sample rate of 8 kHz. Most people should continue to
> use the current 16 kHz wideband mode for its superior quality,
> but if you're really serious about wanting your voice files as
> small as possible, this will help you with that :)
>
> Thom

Hi. Any plans to include the 32 KHZ mode for those higher quality voices?
Just a thought. With targets such as my Iriver H140 with it's large ram
size, I personally aren't bothered about small voices, I'm more about
quality. I've had 2 + MB voices in the passed, and they're big yes, but
they sound great.