Subject: Re: speex

Re: speex

From: Brian Wolven <bcwolven_at_jhu.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:50:16 -0500

Onj wrote:
> On Monday, November 19, 2007 11:07 PM,
> Onj happened to mention in passing:
>

>> Well thanks for clearing that up. I will now go off and regenerate loads
>> of my talk clips as I found a line that was commented out, so I'll try
>> it. Previously selected was: ' Const AUDIO_FORMAT = 22 ' 16-bit
>> 22 kHz Mono - AFAIK =)
>> I'll try it with: Const AUDIO_FORMAT = 30 ' 16-bit 32 kHz Mono -
>> AFAIK =)
>> then anything else I happen to read about, look up, come up with, pull
>> out of a hat, etc. Till it works.
>
> Well, it worked. so anyone else having aliasy issues should try it.
> Man that made all the difference. Thanks Jens, for pointing that out.
> It should have been obvious to me. I've looked at enough of these
> scripts to last a lifetime and then some, but I was only looking for the
> speex options and in the vbs, the rate of the speech, and the item
> number so I don't have to keep on setting the sapi engine in control
> panel whenever I felt like voicing folders.
> I feel a bit stupid now for not noticing that.

I've fixed the drag and drop problem with the speex-compatible voicebox
script (it was testing for the encoding application before it read the
ini file that defined the app). I also went ahead and changed the
default audio format to 30, as noted above. Should I set it to quality
10 as the default as well, while I'm at it, or is 4 sufficient with the
32 kHz mono audio format?

And to whom should I send the revised files in order to update the
package on the website?