Subject: another question about speech pronounceation and a question about radio presets

another question about speech pronounceation and a question about radio presets

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:49:22 -0000

Hi list.
sorry i've got another question about speech pronounceation.
again i'm using andres generated voices.
I was wondering is it possible that someone could have a look and sort out
why the speech is miss pronouncing the word resume in the option resume
playback?
as at the moment it seems to be completely miss pronouncing the resume part.
is that just because of american pronounceation? or is there a way it could
be fixed so it says resume.
actually i'm just reading back over my message and i'm using jfw with
american reed voice and when i get jfw to read the line it does the same
thing and yet when i just get it to read the individual word it pronounces
it correctly.
i'm just looking further at the way jfw pronounces it and it only gets the
pronounceation wrong when there is a . after the word resume if there is no
. the pronounceation is fine. is something similar going on with the rockbox
voices?
also could someone please tell me where i need to store radio presets for
rockbox? as i'm storing them in the folder where i've always put them called
fmpresets and rockbox doesn't find them. where should i now be storing them?
thanks for your help.
alex.