Subject: Re: voice box latest version has a bug

Re: voice box latest version has a bug

From: Brian Wolven <bcwolven_at_jhu.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:36:13 -0500

Pascal Briehl wrote:
> Hi, open "voiceUtils.vbs" with an texteditor and go to line 267 and then
> add "Dim extpos" to fix this.
>
> Am 21:57 20.11.2007 schrieben Sie:
>> Hi:
>> I just got the latest voicebox that Tom wrote about with the encoder
>> issues being fixed.
>> However, now I get:
>> Windows Script Host
>> Script: F:\voiceBox+\voiceBox\voiceBox.wsf Line: 271
>> Char: 4
>> Error: Variable is undefined: 'extpos'
>> Code: 800A01F4
>> Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error
>> OK
>> Your thoughts?

Yep, what Pascal said, or modify the line that looks like this:

   Dim extension

to look like this:

   Dim extension, extpos

There was some additional checking added to support new audio formats in
the updated version. I didn't encounter this error during testing, as I
only tried voicing folders, and thus didn't execute that bit of code. =)

That format check has turned into one big butt-ugly if/then statement,
too, BTW. I'll have to check and see if there's a nicer way to do that
when I have access to a Windows box again. Either that, or persuade the
Rockbox dev's to drop support for a bunch of those formats. ;)