Subject: Re: Some agent history?

Re: Some agent history?

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:17:22 +0100

Tom G wrote:
> One question I have that I do not see on the web site is why Rockbox was
> started. Can anyone shed some light on that for me?

Basically it was started for two reasons:

1) Fun

2) The original firmware was crappy

> Also, what was the impetus for adding accessibility features like spoken
> filename/directories/menus? I have a special interest in that since I
> am visually impaired?

As far as I can remember, the original idea was to make it easier to
operate it without looking, e.g while driving a car, but that it also
could be useful "for handicapped people". See this post from Jörg back
in 2004: