Subject: Re: Rbspeexenc Windows Binary Question

Re: Rbspeexenc Windows Binary Question

From: Thom Johansen <thomj_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:50:54 +0100

Thom Johansen wrote:
> Andrew Hart wrote:
> > Does rbspeexenc generate standard .spx files? I ask because I am unable
>> to decode rbspeexenc-generated talk files using the standard speexdec
>> Windows binary. I have speexdec.exe V1.2 beta 1. I have source code to
>> V1.2 Beta 2, but its compilation is giving me some headaches.
>
> If you run the rbspeexenc executable, the following should be displayed:
> "WARNING: This tool will create files that are only usable by Rockbox!"

I guess it's also worth mentioning that making a decoder for the
format should be trivial, it's just raw Speex packets, packed
together as tightly as possible. I have a decoder I use for
debugging, and the source can be found here:
http://www.pvv.org/~thomj/rockbox/rbspeexdec.c
It outputs raw 16 bit mono files, and needs a 1.2 beta libspeex to
compile, thanks to the use of speex_bits_set_bit_buffer(), but apart
from that, it's nothing special at all.

Thom