Subject: Re: Rbspeexenc Windows Binary Question

Re: Rbspeexenc Windows Binary Question

From: Andrew Hart <ahart_at_dim.uchile.cl>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:34:15 -0300

Thom Johansen wrote:
[snip]

>> If you run the rbspeexenc executable, the following should be displayed:
>> "WARNING: This tool will create files that are only usable by Rockbox!"

It's rather embarrassing having not done the obvious. I have been
shelling out to rbspeexenc in the background and never even thought to
look at the output it generates. That message definitely confirms what
I had deduced though. :-)

> I guess it's also worth mentioning that making a decoder for the
> format should be trivial, it's just raw Speex packets, packed
> together as tightly as possible. I have a decoder I use for

Champion. That means I should simply have to reserve space for riff
wave and data block headers at the beginning and fill it in after the
16-bit mono samples have been written out.

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers,
Andrew.