Subject: Re: problems to install in a Ipod Video 80Gb

Re: problems to install in a Ipod Video 80Gb

From: Lane Rovere <lordbumpster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:44:24 -0700

the working 80gig ipod video looks like this
http://ubageek.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/ipod-video.jpg
the main menu screen with be the dead giveaway. the face plate also is flat
on the video, where as the clasic is rounded on the sides.

the ipod classic that supports video looks like this
http://images.appleinsider.com/ipod-classic-070905-2.png
the face plate is rounded on the sides. the main menu screen supports album
art in the background.

also, to set ipod for disk use...

also rockbox only works on fat32 ipods, not Mac OS-formatted disks (HFS or
HFS Plus formats). just an added note.