Subject: Re: Patcher cannot find sansa

Re: Patcher cannot find sansa

From: D. Lam <>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:21:02 -0600

I'm trying to install Rockbox on Sansa e280R.
I have the same problem as describe by DCM in the forms:
"OK, this process has been quite annoying for me. First, I downloaded
the the patcher and the driver. When I plugged my R in manufacturer
mode, it didn't ask for the driver, said the USB cord was new
hardware, and the patcher told me that there were no USB busses on my
computer. I found out that I didn't have libusb on my computer, so
after I installed that, it accepted my USB cord but now its saying
that that it can't find an e200r and Windows still hasn't asked for
the driver. I tried right clicking the inf. file and hitting instal,
but that didn't seem to do anything. So what's my problem?"

I've tried using the linux instructions at this site as
well, but the patcher doesn't detect the Sansa.

Anybody have any luck?

D. Lam