Subject: Re: Speex on Cowen & iriver

Re: Speex on Cowen & iriver

From: Conway S. Smith <beolach_at_xmission.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:19:49 -0700

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:10:26 -0800
"Grant Hardy" <granthardy_at_telus.net> wrote:

> Where've you managed to find 60 GB Cowon iAudio X5 players? There
> aren't any on eBay and the only one I have seen is on Amazon, for
> $499 USD.
>
> Grant

*waves hands Jedi-like* That's right, there aren't any on eBay, not
item #190178621107 & especially not #330193797427. You won't find
them, and you don't want to bid on them. *stops waving hands*

Searching Google products for "iAudio X5 60GB" had 2 stores listed, both
w/ lower prices than Amazon, but still rather pricey (and actually 1
seems to no longer carry it, and the other's website is down...).
JetMall.net has it in their catalog,
<http://www.jetmall.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=197>, but
they're out of stock at the moment. I was also planning on checking
the other retailers listed _at_ <http://www.cowonamerica.com/buy/>, but I
haven't gotten around to it yet.

Are the X5 series still in production? I had been under the impression
they were, but I'm really not sure.

The smaller hard drive players, Gigabeat F40 & iriver H340/H140 &
iAudio X5 40, are rather plentiful on eBay, and tend to be cheaper
$/GB, so I am also considering them, but I would prefer more storage,
so I'm willing to pay a bit more $/GB for a larger drive.

The iPod Classic 6gen have awesome storage & can be found at good price
$/GB, but the no rockbox support has pretty much nixed them as an
option for me. Forgive me for not searching & asking an annoying
question, but is an iPod Classic 6gen port in the works yet? I'm
debating holding off on buying a PMP, as I've been spending lots of
money for Christmas & other stuff, so if there's going to be a port for
the new iPod within the next year or so, I might just wait.

Conway S. Smith