Subject: More on: Problems building voice files

More on: Problems building voice files

From: Buddy Brannan <buddy_at_brannan.name>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 00:01:13 -0500

Hi guys,

I'm having problems similar to Jim Noseworthy's in building a voice
with the new tools and speex and what-not. The error is similar, and I
will paste below.

This is not using cygwin, though; I'm using a Debian-based Linux with
gcc 4.2.1 (wow, I didn't know it had gotten that far!) So, yes
Virginia, there is a gcc. In fact, I even ran the script to get the
cross-compiler to build the whole thing for my iAudio X5 (which isn't
strictly necessary...is it?)

Anyway, here's what
V=1 make voice
says, after I do the configuration for using iAudio X5, English, and
swift:

make -C /home/davros/src/rockbox-bleeding/tools CC=gcc AR=ar
rbspeexenc voicefont wavtrim
make -C rbspeex
CC
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DROCKBOX_VOICE_ENCODER -I
../../apps/codecs/libspeex -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-Wno-unused-parameter -c -o
bits.o
gcc: no input files
make[2]: *** [bits.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [rbspeexenc] Error 2
make: *** [voicetools] Error 2

So, I reckon Jim isn't the only one missing something. ... And really,
I'd like to get a new Cepstral Callie voice done up. And redo my talk
clips. ...

Thanks--

Buddy