Subject: Re: More on: Problems building voice files

Re: More on: Problems building voice files

From: Daniel Dalton <>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:59:56 +1100

On 30/11/2007 4:29 PM, Buddy Brannan wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007, at 12:19 AM, Daniel Dalton wrote:
>> On 30/11/2007 4:01 PM, Buddy Brannan wrote:
>> Are you sure the compilers are in your path?
> Yep. Other stuff compiles...
>> Did you manually edit /etc/profile?
> No. BTW, here's my path, and gcc is definitely in /usr/bin:
> /home/davros/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/NX:/bin:/usr/local/m68k-elf/bin

Sounds like gcc is fine since you can build rockbox (you said in another
  post) but if you can install everything and this is what I added to
the end of the line
Oh and looking at my path I added :/bin/speakup but you don't need that.
Its just where I keep or my different bash scripts that I wrote to set
my screen reader to certain settings.
That has nothing to do with it...
But I still can't work out why your /home directory is in your path?

All I can recommend is install everything like I did and maybe

Um and another package called libc6 or something...
There are probably more but that is all I can think of right now.
Oh and I just checked and they all exist in the debian repo...

Daniel Dalton