Subject: USB camera support?

USB camera support?

From: Thomas Tanner <tanner_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:38:59 +0100

Hi,

I consider buying a multimedia player which is supported by Rockbox
(e.g. SanDisk Sansa E280 or the new Sana View if it's supported).

A feature which I'm looking for is the ability to download from and
remote control a digital camera via USB (using libgphoto2).

I've read the FAQs and found only
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ArchosFAQ#Can_I_use_the_Archos_as_an_USB_h
which links to the non-existing
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/NoDo#4_Interfacing_with_other_USB_dev

On anther page
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SansaFAQ#Does_USB_work
future USB support is mentioned.

So what is the current state of USB on Rockbox?
Is there any player which already has or will in near future have USB
support?
Has anybody already tried to port libgphoto2 or would it be feasible?

Thanks for your help!
--
Thomas Tanner ------
email: tanner_at_gmx.de