Subject: Re: Toshiba Gigabeat F40 - I messed something up and can't see the menu

Re: Toshiba Gigabeat F40 - I messed something up and can't see the menu

From: Ed Nickl <pioneer4x4_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 08:49:27 -0500

>I tried some of the themes and now I have a problem. When I am
> playing mp3 files, the screen looks fine. However, when I push the "Menu"
> button, I get a black screen with "Rockbox" written vertically in the
> upper right corner. I think it might have been one of the themes I
> installed and was just trying out. The problem is that I can't actually
> SEE the menu...maybe because it's writing black text on the black
> background???
I can't seem to make mine do that, It sounds like you ended up picking
"cabbie", and the font didn't work. Maybe it is looking for a specific font
that is missing. I always re-un-zip the font package just to be safe.
Maybe try that also, it might restore a font that cabbie is looking for...

It also might help if you remember which one you picked before "cabbie".

My favorites are
Black Glass
Pen&Paper (It's a hoot!)
LiquidM
and I modified Real_iPod to add a "Next" item on the display, it came out
nice, I might upload it...