Subject: Re: progress but no speech still

Re: progress but no speech still

From: Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalton47_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:19:26 +1100

On 2/12/2007 6:07 PM, sal-jen wrote:
> I was wondering if I went ahead and uninstalled rockbox and reinstalled it would that might be easier than dealing with the cfg files?
> also I was looking at the cfg files witch one would i have to get in to and what exactly would I have to change to try and get it talking.
> I went into the settings general settings and made sure all was enabled still nothing thanks for the help

Ok. Check the following:
- your voice file is called
"language.voice" not language-date.voice. For example for english it
would be
english.voice
- Reset your settings to defaults. Maybe get a sighted person to go into
the menus
/settings/manage settings/reset settings and clear your settings.
Reboot and you should have voice.
-Make sure your voice file is the same language that is being displayed
on screen.
For example if you are using english.lng then you should use english.voice.

One other thing (I am not sure if it is required) is to install the
fonts package.
Someone told me to that a while ago. And it worked.

--
Daniel Dalton
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/