Subject: voice used when generating talk clips in voice box

voice used when generating talk clips in voice box

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:45:16 -0000

HI list.
i've just started using voice box and i like it.
however i've got a question.
i just successfully generated talk clips for a load of files.
however when i checked to see that they sounded ok. i noticed 2 things.
firstly voice box seems to have completely ignored my default sapi voice
that i have set in the control panel and used a completely different sapi
voice to generate the clips.
secondly i don't no if its me but the voice clips sound really quiet to me
they sound a lot quieter than the generated rockbox voice as i had my iriver
set at a comfortable volume that i could hear the main speech of the menus
at and yet i could hardly hear the talk clips unless i turned the volume of
the player up really loud.
does anyone have any ideas about these problems?
thanks for your help.